The last time I saw Dr. Westmoreland was Fri 5/22/15. She was going out of town the following week for Memorial day and she said she would see me on Monday 6/1 for my scheduled c-section. It was originally planned for the week she was gone but it had to be rescheduled. Dr. Westmoreland told me to pre-register at the hospital on 5/28 or 29. I called her office on 5/28 and verified that when I go pre-register the following day that the hospital has everything they need from them, which the nurse said they did. I had asked Dr. W at my last appt if she knew what time my surgery was scheduled and she said the hospital will tell me when. Well when I called and spoke to the nurse I asked her because they have to know when it's scheduled for and I was informed it was Monday 6/1 at 5pm!!! I wasn't happy at all about it being so late in the day. The nurse said unfortunately it was the last one of the day because that was all that was available. Guess it worked out like that when my csection had to be rescheduled due to Dr. W going out of town.
So I go pre-register on Friday 5/29 where they check my weight, go over pre-op instructions, give me special soap and sponges to shower with Sunday and Monday before surgery, then inform me that I can't eat anything after 12am Monday morning and clear liquids only until 9am. So that means all night and all day nothing to eat!!! I was furious. After that I got my blood drawn and then was given a wristband to wear until I got discharged from the hospital after baby.
So all that week I had been walking around my neighborhood and down by the school, bringing my cell phone with me hoping that I could call Trey at home mid-way through my walk and tell him that my water broke but that didn't happen!
So anyway, after pre-registration I picked my mom up and we went to lunch at Vero's, got our hair cut and did some shopping at Target. I dropped her back home later that day, came home, and Trey, Haley and I went to some friends house. Then Sat night 5/30, Trey wanted to rent Interstellar at Redbox. I had no desire to watch it so I went to bed around 11 pm but couldn't fall asleep bc Trey wasn't in bed yet. I ended up just laying there until 1 or 2am until he came to bed then I finally fell asleep. We never have late nights like that!! Bad idea and as Trey said, the movie wasn't worth it!
**It's 3 am Sunday 5/31 and I wake up feeling like I have to pee really bad. I walk into the bathroom and make it to the toilet, about to sit down and before I make it my water breaks and it goes all over the bathroom floor!! I sit on the toilet and Trey is sound asleep. I yell "Trey! Are you ready to have a baby??!!" Sitting on the toilet I had Trey bring me my phone and I called my MIL Cindy to tell her we are going to the hospital. I know he jumped out of bed fast because he was in the bathroom within a second. My water just kept coming out so I tucked a towel between my legs and waddled around the house like that packing mine and Haley's last min stuff. Bags were already packed but I had a few things to pack last minute. Trey had nothing packed and was running around the house like a mad man. We left the house and returned the movie rental! We only got 1-2 hours of sleep!!! Trey called his mom and decided we would drop Haley off at her house. On the way I started having painful contractions 4 mins apart and they were very short. We decided to just have her meet us at the hospital so she could take Haley.
It's now about 4:15 am when we go into labor & delivery at the hospital. We got taken back to the triage room where they did a swab to really verify that my water had broke. After that they hooked me up with the blood pressure cuff and the monitors around my belly. I was still having contractions and was laying on that hard bed miserable! Nurse Sam checked me and I was only 1 cm dilated. Another lady that just showed up was 5cm so they were going to prep her for her csection 1st. It didn't seem like that long of a wait before people kept coming in and doing my IV and talking to me about my spinal. Dr. W wasnt on call so Dr. Everson came in and introduced herself since she was doing my surgery. I got wheeled back into the OR while Trey had to wait outside for me to get prepped. It was freezing in there. I got my spinal which made me nervous bc at 1st only only my right side of my body was getting numb. Finally got it working and then my catheter was put in and now it was baby time and Trey walked into the OR!!!!
Philip Gene McDaniel IV came into the world on 5/31/15 at 7:41am weighing 8lbs 8oz and was 20 inches long. He loves his mama so much that he came a day early so we both didn't have to starve all night and day Monday lol.
After my surgery I was dry heaving and feeling so nauseated. Carl the anesthesiologist gave me some meds and I felt better in an instant. I was stitched up and wheeled into the recovery room where I got to hold my baby boy for the 1st time!! When feeding time came around he latched right on and knew exactly what to do.
Big Sister Haley was the first visitor to arrive to hold her baby brother! She was in love!!
I must say I have completely forgot what it's like to have a newborn! It seems hard and challenging at times but I love this little boy more than anything and wouldn't change a thing. And these newborn days are already flying by!
Here's some pictures of our family of 3 that grew to a family of 4!!























0 comments:
Post a Comment