Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 2017 ~ It has been awhile!

Wow where has the time gone?! Last time I updated the blog Philip was 9 months old! He turned 2 in May and isn't much of a baby anymore. So where do I even begin???  I'll try and catch up! So we celebrated Philip's 1st birthday with a Charlie Brown theme. I actually don't care for Charlie Brown but my sister had bought Philip a Charlie Brown stuffed animal and one day he was sitting in the rocker in his room and Mamarazzi here was snapping some pictures and in one picture he looked so sad and the next he was smiling again. Everyone who commented on the pic said he looked just like Charlie Brown so we just went with it! Now right before Philip turned one on May 31, 2016, Haley had just turned 6 on May 21, 2016. We celebrated her birthday by taking the kids to Great Wolf in Grapevine! We love it there.  That was also the first summer we started taking the kids to Splashtown! My kids have a big love for water (thank God because I do too!) We celebrated Philip's 1st birthday here at our house with friends and family.











In August 2016, Haley began 1st grade! She had a wonderful teacher Mrs.Spitaliere. I decided to join MOPS at Stonebridge Church so Philip and I could make new friends.  Philip ended up not liking it there at all, not sure why, maybe separation anxiety from Mama? So on the days I did go and brought him, he would cry and cry and as much as the ladies in there would try to calm him down he wanted to be left alone and put in the baby swing. They didn't even turn it on! (Because by this time he was really too big for it. It November 2016 he was 18 months old). It was so sad, he would sit there for the 2.5 hours with his paci in his mouth and would just wait for me to come get him. I ended up taking him to Cindy's most of the days from then on. We took our 1st really long road trip to Alabama for Thanksgiving and the kids did great! By that time I had traded in my Ford Explorer for a GMC Yukon Denali so they were set with their own tvs! Later that year we also came very close with our neighbors Heather & Jared. We cook together and hang out often. We will be so sad when the day comes and they move to the mountains where they eventually want to live in Colorado.

















The beginning of 2017 came around and I decided I wanted to be a substitute teacher for the school district. After months of waiting (long waiting list) I finally received an email for an invite to the substitute training. I began subbing in March. I prefer to sub grades 1st - 4th. I even got to sub twice in Haley's 1st grade classroom and I really enjoyed that! Some extra time with my girl, and even got paid to eat lunch with her since I was assigned recess duty both times. I will continue to sub but now have something else on my plate to do! I'll update you on that later in this post!


Trey ended up having back surgery (his last resort) April 20, 2017. I spend the night with him most of his hospital stay and we walked the halls together at night getting him used to his "new" back. Before surgery he couldn't find relief from his constant back and leg pain. Fortunately the back surgery helped tremendously and the pain went away. A few weeks later he stepped on a toy in the living room and lost his balance as he was trying to sit in the recliner and re-injured his back. It had looked like he was going to have to do surgery again but with some antibiotics it is helping so we will know after his appointment coming up with the pain management doctor.

So fast forward, May 21, 2017- my baby girl Haley turned 7!! Can you believe I have a 7 year old? I sure can't. Time is flying by! We celebrated her birthday this year with her friend Rilynn (friends since Kindergarten) having a sleepover and the next day all her friends coming to celebrate her birthday at Phantom Cheer! They had a blast running around, jumping on the trampoline, and playing on the 2 inflatables. May 31, 2017 my baby boy Philip turned 2!!! We celebrated his construction themed birthday party at G's house and went swimming!  I'll tell you what, this boy is smart! Of course his 1st word was Dada but now that he's older he says Mommy all day long!!! I nursed him until he was 10 months old and he is so healthy. He's hardly ever sick although we are always out and about doing things. The first time he was "sick" was when he had an ear infection from teething (drainage) at 14 months and hasn't been sick since! Haley has had several stomach bugs, and even strep and he never got it. I would like to contribute that to nursing but not really sure. Philip loves anything with wheels, airplanes, helicopters, tractors, and boats. He loves to point at books and tells me what things are. He repeats just about anything you tell him to say. We call him Philip but he calls himself "Bubba", probably because that is what Sissy calls him. And he calls Haley "Sissy".  He loves to eat but seems to dislike alot of vegetables. He loves pizza, chicken nuggets, french fries, bacon, and I mean alot of bacon! Haha! He loves to make people laugh and has such a funny personality. We can't imagine life without him! And Haley too!






Next week Haley starts 2nd grade! This summer flew by! I took the kids (Daddy had to stay home and work) to Alabama for 6 days to see Grandpa & G (Chrissy & Brody came too but they drove seperately). We came home for a week then left again for a 7 day trip at Yogi Bear in Canyon lake with my parents (Grandma & Papa) and cousin Lindsey. The lake is beautiful by the way! Funny thing is my Dad said the day before we went to the lake that we were short 1 dice to play Yahtzee. Well when we went swimming the next day at Canyon Lake (the water was so clear!!) Haley had her goggles on and found a dice! Then later found a knife/plier set that she gave to Daddy, and Philip a rubber ducky squirt toy. We are about to leave on a trip with Trey this time to go to Corpus Christi to see the Texas State Aquarium and maybe see the USS Lexington Ship!  We are so excited, especially because Daddy gets to come this time!!




So together Philip & I have a new adventure together coming up! Starting September, I am a Dayschool Teacher  (assistant lead teacher) for a 3 year old class at West Conroe! Philip and I will start going there together since he will be going to preschool 3 days a week! Haley was the same age as Philip is now when she started there at the preschool. Now that he is a little older (maybe even more attached to Mama) I do believe he will do better after he realizes how much fun school is and he makes new friends! We will go together 3 days a week (Tues-Wed-Thurs).  This thing they call "work" (lol) will take some getting used to but it's going to be so awesome being there, meeting new people, making some extra money, discount on Philip's tuition and summers & holidays off! And I like that I have 4 off days every week. I think this is going to be amazing for both of us!

Anyway, It's been weighing heavily on me that its been so long since I've updated the blog. I eventually plan on getting all these posts printed into a book format to look back on. We just had a fun day at Splashtown and I'm super tired! Both kids slept on the way home. Philip carried his nap from the car into his crib and Haley's wide awake playing on her ipad and Trey just got home. I'm going to take it easy the rest of the evening, especially since I finally took the time to do the blog!

Until next time.....





0 comments:

Post a Comment