So here's the update on Miss Haley's first three months of life: eat, sleep, poop, cry, repeat. Haha.. okay really...
At 6 weeks old we've really started a schedule that includes sleeping through the entire night. I've been lucky enough for her to sleep 12 full hours one night!! The trick: swaddling! When we brought Haley home from the hospital it was like all of a sudden she did not want to be swaddled anymore. She would wake up every few hours to eat. The friday that she turned 6 wks old, I finally figured out the trick on my own! I was rocking her to sleep and as soon as I put her in her crib she started crying. So I held down her hands on her chest and she fell asleep. Then her legs kicked. So I held down her legs. And she was out like a light..until I moved my hands. She started flailing around. I decided that maybe, just maybe, she wanted to be swaddled again. It worked!! Ever since then I swaddle her every night, rock her until she is almost to sleep, then put her in her crib and she sleeps until 7 or 8:30 am. It's been wonderful!
I play with her everyday on her playmat on the floor to give her tummy time and here recently I've been putting her in her bouncer. She loves it! She of course can't reach the floor yet but I bounce her play with her toys and she will be full of smiles. It's such a joy to see that:) I took her to the doctor 2 weeks ago and she now weighs 10 lbs 6oz. It's unbelievable how big she is getting.
So here's what's been going on with Trey & I recently..Well Trey is still working and probably not getting enough rest like he should. I don't know how he does it. He gets up at the crack of dawn to work all day, then he comes home and helps me take care of Haley to give me a break. He's up late helping me get Haley ready for bed and spending some alone time with me...then he goes to bed then it starts all over in the morning . Although I don't get up to actually go to work, I'm still up earlier than I would like to be. On a normal day I don't take any naps because there is always something to do around the house. Starting next week I'll be able to take a break from house work because I just joined a Mom's group! Every other Wednesday are playdates and they have Mom's night out once a month. The group just started so everyone is new to everyone. I went to the first mom's night out last night and didn't get home until almost 1am. The people who went were all around my age which I really liked, and it seemed like we've all been friends forever. And of course we had so much stuff in common. The first play date is next wednesday and I'm so excited! There is just so much stuff to look forward to when you have a baby:)
I'll update more soon...bye for now!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























0 comments:
Post a Comment